The final LiveWIRE Leadership Camp of the year was held from 4 to 6 December 2009. The number of participants were very small compared to the previous batch. After leaving Bandar Seri Begawan, the participants were brought to Pekan Bangar. Due to the camp’s schedule overlapping with cuti-cuti temburong, the first session was held at the conference room of the district office until 3pm, where they were then transported to Sumbiling Eco Village for the second session. These sessions involved:
- Welcoming the participants and introducing them to the activities that were planned for them and to the supervisors supervising them.
- Ice breaking to get the particpants to know each other and separating them into smaller groups.
- The participants discussed the characteristics of a leader
- The participants shared their negative and positive characters within their group, and presented to everyone.
- understanding sociological and psychological concepts such as johari’s window and maslow’s hierarchy of needs and how they relate to self development.
At the end of the session, the participants were treated to a buffet dinner of fish, meat, and chicken.
The 3rd on Saturday involved hiking at Bukit Lutut, which literally means “knee hill”, supposedly because as people hiking through the hill usually ends up crawling on their knees :p This trek started at 8 am, and arriving at a wasai (waterfall) after 12 o’clock in the afternoon, and the participants arrived at 5pm. The 4th Session was a quick rafting activity.
The 5th Session was held at night with Steven Song sharing the 8 Keys of Excellence. The participants were involved in various activities to memorize the 8 keys as well as understanding and applying some of them. The 8 keys were:
- Failure Leads to Success
- Speak with Good Purpose
- This is it
The Final day, on the 6th Session. The participants shared their experiences as well as noting the characters that they found within themselves during the hike. Later, the supervisors shared their assessments of the participants. and Finally the participants made declarations of self improvement.
The camp ended with a certificate presentation and a photo shoot, before going back to Pekan Bangar and the boat trip to Bandar Seri Begawan.
Some more pictures are available from my facebook.
Filed under: Seminars/Forums/Workshops | Tagged: 8 keys of excellence, Business, Education, Entrepreneur, Johari's Window, Leadership Camp, LiveWIRE, Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, SME, Sumbiling Eco Village, Temburong |