The LiveWIRE Business Awards was launched last Tuesday, on 9th November 2010. I have personally joined this competition a few times since 2003. It had allowed myself to realize my entrepreneurial desires, which started me in creating business plans and learning about how most business operate.
The categories for this competition are:
Category A – Business Plan (Just the Plan, not necessary you have or want to start a business, but its a good start)
- A1 – Upper secondary and Form 6
- A2 Post Secondary and Higher Institutions
- A3 – LiveWIRE participants and open category
Category B – Enterprise (existing businesses)
- B1 – LiveWIRE Business Network Awards (Biz that has started at least for 6 months)
- B2 – LiveWIRE SME Awards (over 3 years in business)
The categories have been condensed from the previous years, that means that there is more competition for a single category, on the other hand the prize money has been increased.
The Business Awards is probably the most well known of activities that is held by LiveWIRE Brunei. Other Activities are:
- Bright Ideas (BI) – A 2 day Introductory Course in Entrepreneurship and the Right Mindset
- Be A Successful Owner and Manager (BSOM) – a 4 day course which showcases Local Entrepreneurs to share their experience and knowledge.
- Business Plan Series – A workshop to help participants in creating a business plan
- Leadership Camp – A 3 day Camp that focuses on self-development, transformation and Leadership.
Links to Local News:
- Green is the way to go for LiveWIRE entrants | The Brunei Times.