Did some projects recently, this article at ST Training Solutions › Articles › Secrets of Successful Project Management, would have been helpful. The steps are here simplified:
- Know what are the objectives of the project. Know/assign those who are responsible for the project.
- Plan activities to reach those objectives and account for obstacles.
- Act on the Plan, change the plan only if necessary and if it is still in line with the objectives.
Currently, I’m trying to understand using the Work Breakdown Structure within Project Management Software. The one’s I’m looking into are MS Project (propriety), and open source programs like OpenProj and Open Workbench and GanttProject. OpenProj has been said to be compatible with MS Project. So I’m looking into that. Anyone has any suggestions?
- The Case Against Project Management Software (brighthub.com)
- About GanttProject – Free Online Project Management Software (brighthub.com)
Filed under: Business Development, ICT Tools in Business | Tagged: Business, GanttProject, Management, Microsoft Project, Open Source, Open Workbench, OpenProj, Project management, Work breakdown structure |